European Cloud Computing is a Member of EuroCloud
The vision eurocloud, including the brand, has been imagined and designed in 2009 by Pierre-José Billotte, founder & chairman of the former French ASP Forum now EuroCloud France. The EuroCloud project has been presented publicly the first time at the Aéroclub de France, Paris, the 4th of june 2009, in presence of Phil Wainewright and Rodolfo Lomascolo.
Why build such a business network?
* Europe has a fast growing SaaS and Cloud Computing industry, but each country is currently operating separately with few contacts in other European countries.
* National SaaS vendors are growing and are looking to build European and international relationships through business and technological partnerships.
* The European Authorities do not currently recognise the European Cloud Computing industry, which is an industry that can help stimulate the economic and technological environment to promote new Cloud Computing industries.
* Cloud Computing implies application integration into an Application-Oriented Ecosystem. Developing new application partnerships, both european and worldwide represents the next crucial step.
Eurocloud, the pan European Cloud Computing business network, through action at both local and European levels will help to answer these new demands.
* To build a pan European network organized in two tiers with a national level (France, Espagna, England, Belgique, etc.) and a European level. The national level focuses on local topics and the European level on European topics,under the EuroCloud brand (or another if appropriate in a national setting). Only companies who have an interest in Cloud Computing and participate in the Cloud ecosystem can be members of the network.
* Build relationships with the European authorities (Commission and Parliament) to help recognise the Cloud Computing industry as the future of IT in Europe and to promote a stimulating environment for development and growth of the industry.
* Promote business relationships between members throughout Europe and internationally with counterparts such as SIIA.
* Promote technological relationships between members throughout Europe and internationally.
The organization relies on a two-level framework including respect to local cultures along with the will to promote a real European spirit.
Why be part of Eurocloud?
Benefit from valuable services:
* Be part of the European board
* Be part of the European network and enjoy access to all European members
* Promote your business within the network
* Promote you business on European marketing materials (website, etc.),
* Access European public information (R&D projects, etc.),
* Participate in European business and technological events
EuroCloud local communities will have all the benefits and liberties proper to a local organization and all the benefits to be part of a large pan European organization.